After routing by 30 points Wednesday evening, the Celtics cut that shortage right down to five with 3:01 remaining in the video game. The group lagged them, preparing to erupt after viewing an incredible return.
That never ever taken place, nonetheless, because Indiana’s leading playmaker silenced every person in the building.
Complying with a momentous 3-pointer from Jaylen Brown to cut it to 5, Tyrese Haliburton took a dribble hand-off from Aaron Nesmith and also brought up from straight away and 27 feet out as Indiana’s shot clock ticked down listed below five secs. The game’s balance might very well have awaited the air with that shot, and also when it dropped through the internet, Boston’s opportunities at a resurgence went down to the floor as well.
Haliburton drained his game-changing 3-pointer at the 2:42 mark to make it an eight-point video game. The Pacers also scored the game’s following 3 indicate make it an 11-point game with 2:09 left to place their win on ice.
We can specify emphatically that the Boston Celtics would certainly have had no chance at getting a victory Wednesday night without the solutions of Jayson Tatum. The superstar wing did whatever possible to give his group an opportunity at a return, but the group as a whole simply didn’t have sufficient in the container to draw it off.
Tatum finished with a game-high 41 factors on 25 shots. He dominated the 2nd half, scoring 28 points on 10-for-15 capturing. He finished the contest having actually shot 13-for-25 in general, 4-for-11 from distance, as well as 11-for-13 from the free-throw line.
As is customary, Tatum contributed across the board. He added in 5 rebounds, 4 helps, 2 steals and also a blocked shot to round out his excellent box score.
Box Score Nuggets
- Jayson Tatum scored 41 factors, while Boston’s other four starters combined to rack up 30.
- Jaylen Brown got hold of 10 rebounds to accompany 19 points for a double-double.
- Malcolm Brogdon stuffed the stat sheet with 18 points, a game-high seven aids, four rebounds and two steals.
- Indiana shot 18-for-39 (46.2 percent) from long distance.
- Tyrese Haliburton led the Pacers with 33 points and also fired 12-for-24 from the field.
- All 10 Pacers who showed up in the video game racked up at the very least 6 points.
- Rob Williams got hold of a game-high 12 rebounds.
- Boston outscored Indiana 32-16 in second-chance points.
- Boston made 12 more free throws (21) than Indiana tried (9).
- Previous Celtic Aaron Nesmith played well with 15 points, six rebounds, 3 helps and two steals.
Disclaimer: TheWorldsTimes (TWT) claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. The content used is copyrighted to its respectful owners and authors also we have given the resource link to the original sources whenever possible. If you still think that we have missed something, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be removing that promptly. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TheWorldsTimes, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist, or photographer.
Last Updated: 21 December 2022